Meri, a Voith Company – Environmental Solutions for the Paper, Food & Beverage and Recycling IndustriesWe are a leading international company, active in the field of material handling, water treatment, reject/sludge handling and effluent treatment for the paper and other allied industries. With branches in Germany, Brazil, China and the U.S., we plan, design, and sell equipment and complete WSR (water, sludge, reject) sub-systems for environmental interfaces/process steps in new production lines and for the upgrade of existing plants
Our North American branch located in Appleton, WI, is seeking an individual to fill the following position:
HR Manager / Generalist
(Fulltime or Part-time 20h+)
Our Offer to you:
We offer an excellent benefits package (health/dental insurance), modern workspace, latest computer software programs, all business procedures supported by integrated database system, promote team culture, we have engaged and supportive colleagues, international teamwork with our other business units, and our business is located in family friendly community with excellent public school systems.
Your Role @Meri:As a HR Generalist you are the contact person for 35+ employees regarding HR questions here in Appleton, reporting to the global HR Manager in Munich Germany and the local General Manager.
Your tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Organizing the recruitment process
- Assisting in annual review set-up and goal agreements
- Facilitate and mentor employee dialogues
- Implementing global HR procedures and initiatives
- Working independently on HR projects
- Organizing training and personnel development plans
- Be a contact person for the German HR Office
- If fulltime: focus on employer branding and take over HR projects as necessary
- HR Admin tasks:
- provide record keeping for personnel files, time-off, sick, health care, etc.
- Complete onboarding and offboarding of employees (incl. access rights)
- Report changes and hours to the payroll company for completion of payroll bi-weekly
- Work with our sister company on Health and Safety
- Monitor and review compliance.
- 5+ years related experience in Human resources.
- Associates or Bachelor degree in business and administration or human resources
- Reliable, trustworthy and able to keep confidential information.
- Cultural diversity
- Strong leadership
- Ability to address and resolve conflicts
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Proficient in MS Office, with advanced Excel skills
- Highly organized
Other Job Requirements:
- Eager to learn and open minded
- Strong and proactive communicator
- Willingness to travel to international meetings or trainings (~15%)
- The candidate needs to be able to work independently being able to structure this new role and balance and prioritize local vs. global requirements
- Comfortable working in a matrix reporting structure
- Salary will depend on qualifications
Please e-mail your resume + motivation letter + references (if available) to Heidrun Lichter, HR Global, stating your preferred hours, salary requirements and earliest start-date:
E-mail is preferred