MERI Group, a 100% subsidiary of VOITH Paper, is a global environmental technology company specializing in industrial applications, especially for the paper industry.
Due to the global market trend towards online shopping and the desire for more sustainable packaging solutions, the market of our customers in the recovered paper/recycled based packaging paper industry continues to grow in the coming years. MERI Group has been a leader in the relevant environmental technology field for the paper industry for years.
With our offices in Germany, USA, China and Brazil we realize in the application fields: Residual and Fuel Processing, Material Handling, Reject and Sludge Dewatering, Water Treatment, Recirculating Water Treatment and Wastewater Treatment single machine projects, upgrades and new construction of complete plants. With more than 5000 units installed, we have been a reliable partner for our end customers in the global paper industry for many years.
The IT infrastructure for our currently approx. 100 employees worldwide has been organized by an internal IT team and external suppliers up to now. In the course of our growth and in order to secure and optimize our IT systems and processes in the long term, we are looking for an experienced
IT Systems & Applications Specialist/Architect (m/f/d)
Your responsibilities with us:
Our IT infrastructure is based on a SQL database created according to our requirements, whose applications are to be transferred from MS Access to various web applications (ASP.NET) in the next few years. Furthermore, we have a complex on-premises server infrastructure at all locations with worldwide replications and data backups.
In addition, Microsoft 365 with Teams and Sharepoint, in the financial area Docuware and Sage100, and in the technical area Autodesk Vault, each with interfaces to our SQL database, are used.
You will design this newly created position in close coordination with our leadership team - which includes:
- Project management and implementation of IT projects
- Gathering and analysis of IT requirements with the business departments
- Further development and optimization of our SQL database
- Management of interfaces (SQL, Autodesk Vault, SAGE)
- Ensuring data backup (on-premises and cloud) and data security
- Administration and support of clients and on-premises servers
- Planning of material and investment costs
- Server and software license management
- Coordination of long-standing partner IT partners (Meri SQL database, network and server administration)
- Education or studies in the IT field (e.g. IT specialist, IT systems electronics technician, IT systems clerk, IT clerk)
- Technical knowledge in hardware, software, network and server technology
- Several years of relevant professional experience as well as experience in participating in more complex IT projects
- Profound expertise with databases, especially SQL, required
- Initial experience in one or more of Active Directory, Firewall, Storage, Backup, Windows Server and Network Topology.
- First experience with different APIs (e.g. XML, REST, GRAPH) desirable
- High quality and service awareness
- A distinctive, team-oriented and communicative way of working (German and English)
- Enthusiasm for good IT solutions, commitment and high willingness to learn and apply technological developments
- A varied, exciting field of work in a growing, future-relevant industry
- Committed and inspiring colleagues in an international team and family environment, short decision-making processes and flat hierarchies
- Time for comprehensive familiarization with the complex products and processes of our company
- Performance-related payment in permanent position, public transport ticket, parking lot, convenient location (S6 / S8 stop "Westkreuz"), 30 days of vacation
- A job with purpose in a company that reduces the environmental footprint of our customers with sustainable and innovative solutions
- Depending on your wishes and suitability, we can offer you a long-term development perspective in our company with various deployment opportunities in the areas of product management, project management or in the service sector.
We are happy to support your development with individual training.
Are you interested in this challenge?
Then we look forward to receiving your complete application (cover letter, CV, relevant references) with information about the possible start date and your salary expectations.
Please send your documents via PDF to: firstname.lastname@example.org, subject: ITMeri Environmental Solutions GmbH, Attn: Ms. Heidrun Lichter, Bodenseestr. 113, 81243 Munich, Germany