Meri, a Voith Company – Environmental Solutions for the Paper, Food & Beverage and Recycling IndustriesWe are a leading international company, active in the field of material handling, water treatment, reject/sludge handling and effluent treatment for the paper and other allied industries. With branches in Germany, US, China and Brazil, we plan, design, and sell equipment and complete WSR (water, sludge, reject) sub-systems for environmental interfaces/process steps in new production lines and for the upgrade of existing plants. Our North American branch located in Appleton, WI, is seeking an individual to fill the following position:
Effluent Treatment Technologist
Your future job with us:
The Technology department serves as the primary point of contact and central expertise center for all teams and employees working at Meri offices worldwide.
The Technology department has to create the corresponding basis and detailed documentation a in order to provide, technological expertise prepared in such a way as to be independent of individuals and always available worldwide for everyone, so that everyone can apply it reliably and purposefully in their work area.
The standard tasks of the Technology Department include – but are not limited to:
- Plant auditing
- Doing reports
- Commissioning and executing biological start-ups
- Product improvement reviews
- Calculating mass flow balances
- Internal and external training
- Up to 35% domestic travel can be required
- Excellent process design skills
- Ability to generate and interpret P&ID and mass balances
- Good presentation skills
- Strong hands-on mentality
- Excellent data analysis skills with an eye for details
- Knowledge of effluent chemical dosing programs
- Excellent MS Office skills
- 5-10 years fundamental experience in operating and optimizing in effluent treatment plants (aerobic/anaerobic/desulphurization/sand filtration/chem. Handling systems/blowers)
- Minimum 4 year degree in environmental, chemical, biology required
- PE credential is a plus
Our offer to you:
We offer an excellent benefits package (health/dental insurance), modern workspace, latest computer software programs, all business procedures supported by integrated database system and promote team culture. We have engaged, supportive colleagues, and international teamwork with our other business units.
Office hours 7:30 am – 4:30 pm, Monday – Friday.
How to apply:
Please e-mail your resume + motivation letter + references (if available) to
Heidrun Lichter, HR Global, Bewerbung@meri.de
stating your salary requirements and earliest start-date.
Please note that we will collect applications for this position by January 10th and then proceed with our further selection. We will inform you about further proceedings as soon as possible.
No unsolicited agency and 3rd party referrals please.