Meri Environmental Solutions, Inc. – Appleton, WI
Company Description:We are a leading international company active in the field of material handling, water treatment, reject/sludge handling and effluent treatment for the paper and other allied industries. We plan, design, and sell equipment and complete WSR (water, sludge, reject) sub-systems for environmental interfaces/process steps in new production lines and for the upgrade of existing plants. Meri has branches in Germany, China, Brazil and the US with our North American branch located in Appleton, WI. We are seeking an individual to fill the following position:
The Logistics Coordinator is a member of the Administrative department. She/he needs to be able to work independently in her/his role without close supervision. She/he works with production/sourcing, project managers, customs agents, warehouse staff, shipping companies, and clients. They are responsible for shipping, receiving and recordkeeping for domestic and international transactions. However, she/he will need to balance these independently generated tasks with tasks assigned by the Financial Operations Manager and others aligned with Meri strategy and needs.
The workday is spent mostly in an office atmosphere as they adhere to import-export policies and laws. Approximately 20% of the time is spent in the warehouse. Occasionally, the work hours may occur in the evening for team building activities or as other business needs dictate.
The standard tasks of this role include – but are not limited to:
- Accurately order and prepare all shipping documents for domestic and international shipments
- Use an internal database to create transportation inquiries and orders
- Receive in and verify packing slips
- Label incoming goods with appropriate identification for projects
- Notify customers of incoming shipment arrival
- Ensure project inventory is accurate
- Ensure all packing slips, customs documents, and other shipping documents are processed correctly and saved in Autodesk VAULT
- Prepare outgoing shipment to customers, including taking pictures of goods
- Prepare shipping labels, delivery notes, and packing slips for outgoing shipments
- Verify product is delivered to the customers
- Communicate with freight forwarders and coordinate changes with trucking companies as required
- Communicate with Production/Sourcing and Project Managers regarding status of orders
- Other tasks / projects as assigned
Your qualifications + skills:
- Associates degree or higher in related field
- 3-5 years’ experience working in logistics, preferred
- Accurate data entry and attention to detail
- Must be organized and maintain accurate document control
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work as part of a team yet be self-directed
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to perform tactfully among cross-functional departments
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Ability to lift 40-50 lbs.
Our offer to you:
We offer an excellent benefits package (health/dental insurance), modern workspace, teamwork culture, business procedures supported by integrated database system and latest computer software programs. We have engaged, supportive colleagues, and international teamwork with our other business units.
Office hours 7:30 am – 4:30 pm, Monday – Friday.
How to apply:
Please upload your resume, cover letter and references (if available) via indeed https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Logistics%20Coordinator&l=Appleton%2C%20WI&vjk=2fe99c6c1b0edecd stating your salary requirements and available start date.
No unsolicited agency and 3rd party referrals please.
Job Type: Full-time
Due to the onset of the COVID-19 Virus, the Meri physical office has reduced on-site staff. All interviews will be held via phone or virtually with video. This position requires most days, if not all, onsite at the office and warehouse with PPE.