Meri Environmental Solutions, Inc. – Appleton, WI
Company Description:We are a leading international company active in the field of material handling, water treatment, reject/sludge handling and effluent treatment for the paper and other allied industries. We plan, design, and sell equipment and complete WSR (water, sludge, reject) sub-systems for environmental interfaces/process steps in new production lines and for the upgrade of existing plants. Meri has branches in Germany, China, Brazil and the US with our North American branch located in Appleton, WI. We are seeking an individual to fill the following position:
PROCUREMENT STRATEGY & PLANNING
Procurement Strategy and Planning has the primary responsibility to execute sourcing strategies initiatives and managing supplier relationships as it relates to administrative and operational activities and issues. This position will also ensure contracting and procurement standards are maintained throughout projects.
He/she coordinates and documents the commercial and planning processes with Sourcing & Manufacturing, Product Management and Project Management.
This includes the estimation, cost analysis, purchasing, project scheduling, freight consolidation and documentation of machines and components from time of sales up to delivery at the customer’s premises.
One goal of the manufacturing / sourcing department is to ensure that all products are manufactured on schedule and as economically as possible while still being of sufficiently high quality.
This applies both for the fabrication and assemblies and for the procurement of other components. Particular care should be taken here to ensure that Meri reliability and quality are a tangible, measurable quality for our customers at all times.
We strive to build stable long-term relationships with local and worldwide sourcing partners and suppliers in order to grow together in terms of technology, performance, efficiency and profitability.
The standard tasks of this role include – but are not limited to:
- Managing manufacturing schedules between design, manufacturing and delivery
- Manage multiple workflows across internal departments and also multiple vendors and workshops
- Coordinate logistics consolidation plans for workshops, PM and Freight team
- Lead the strategic sourcing process including, quotation reviews, supplier/contract negotiations and supplier development.
- Assess and build detailed global sourcing strategies
- Communicate sourcing initiatives with managers, project leaders and account personnel
- Oversee documented procedures for inventory control; work with teams to perform inventory counts on necessary intervals
- Coordinate with all internal departments to ensure the technical and quality requirements are met
- Work closely with new product development to align priorities/strategies to execute against strategic sourcing goals
- Analyze market and delivery conditions
- Negotiate pricing, leverage spend, standardize products/services where possible to support pricing initiatives
- Drive process improvement and document standard procedural format when applicable
- Develop and conduct preferred supplier performance reviews:
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of current supply base (Develop scorecards)
- Facilitate supplier engagement and long-term supplier relationships
- Prepare reports to communicate necessary information
- Gather critical information, invoices, tracking info, tax documents, etc. as needed to successfully manage the process
- Assist finance with invoice discrepancies and supplier billing issues
- Track cost through the purchasing process to ensure that all products are manufactured as economically as possible utilizing CCS/COHIS/MERI Database and working with the Sourcing & Manufacturing engineer, sales and product engineering teams for cost analysis and business plans
- Travel up to 25%, incl. occasional international workshop visits may be required
Your qualifications + skills:
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Project Management, Finance/Purchasing, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or equivalent
- Business acumen: cost analysis and sourcing / business plans, understanding different aspects of manufacturing costs
- Must have 5-10 + years’ experience
- Proven results through use of strategic sourcing models
- Experience in contract negotiations, quality assurance and monitoring, production planning, schedule / time management, logistics and workflow management
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes in sheet metal, mechanical fabrication, and assembly is a plus
- Knowledge and experience with 2D/3D software is a plus
- Excellent Communication skills
- Excellent skills in MS Office
- Willingness to travel
Our offer to you:
We offer an excellent benefits package (health/dental insurance), modern workspace, teamwork culture, business procedures supported by integrated database system and latest computer software programs. We have engaged, supportive colleagues, and international teamwork with our other business units.
Office hours 7:30 am – 4:30 pm, Monday – Friday.
How to apply:
Please upload your resume, cover letter and references (if available) via indeed https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Meri%20Environmental%20Solutions&l=Appleton%2C%20WI&vjk=ea21804c2ac2d496 stating your salary requirements and available start date.
No unsolicited agency and 3rd party referrals please.
Job Type: Full-time
Due to the onset of the COVID-19 Virus, the Meri physical office has reduced on-site staff. All interviews will be held via phone or virtually with video