Meri, a Voith Company – Environmental Solutions for the Paper, Food & Beverage and Recycling IndustriesWe are a leading international company, active in the field of material handling, water treatment, reject/sludge handling and effluent treatment for the paper and other allied industries. With branches in Germany, US, China and Brazil, we plan, design, and sell equipment and complete WSR (water, sludge, reject) sub-systems for environmental interfaces/process steps in new production lines and for the upgrade of existing plants. Our North American branch located in Appleton, WI, is seeking an individual to fill the following position:
Your future job with us:
The project management is the primary interface during order completion between the customer and Meri, after the sales department and before the AMB-service department, which will significantly influence the experience of customer expectation fulfillment. We consider project management as the most important key factor for customer satisfaction and a long-term stable customer relationship.
Additionally project management is further a significant factor to secure the economical result of any project for Meri with significant effect for the company’s business success.
The standard tasks of this role include – but are not limited to:
- Managing all aspects of a project from conception to start-up
- Definition and communication of all expectations between different teams and customer involved in a project
- Interface and single point contact towards the customer
- Continually updating and managing multiple project schedules
- Continually monitoring project costs
- Claim management
- Periodic on-site contractual supervision
Your qualifications + skills:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a Mechanical or Electrical Engineer combined with 5 plus years working as a project manager
- Understanding of industrial wastewater concepts a plus
- Understanding of material handling and process equipment in the paper industry is a plus
- Fluency in industrial capital project execution
- Strong organizational skills and disciplined use of project procedures
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Advanced understanding of industrial processes
- Knowledge of manufacturing
- Expertise in MS Project or other project management software
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel
- Experience executing big industrial and plant engineering projects
- Working with scheduling projects, ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to read and interpret manufacturing/P&IDs/layout drawings
- Knowledge of Auto Cad Plant 3D and Autodesk Inventor would be a plus
- Understanding of contract details
- Problem- and conflict resolution skills
- Carries oneself in a professional and polished demeanor
- PMP Certification is a plus
- Ability to travel. Travel may be up to 30% during certain periods of the project(s).
Our offer to you:
We offer an excellent benefits package (health/dental insurance), modern workspace, latest computer software programs, all business procedures supported by integrated database system and promote team culture. We have engaged, supportive colleagues, and international teamwork with our other business units.
Office hours 7:30 am – 4:30 pm, Monday – Friday.
How to apply:
Please e-mail your resume + motivation letter + references (if available) to
Heidrun Lichter, HR Global, Bewerbung@meri.de
stating your salary requirements and earliest start-date.
Please note that we will collect applications for this position by January 10th and then proceed with our further selection. We will inform you about further proceedings as soon as possible.
No unsolicited agency and 3rd party referrals please.