Meri, a Voith Company – Environmental Solutions for the Paper, Food & Beverage and Recycling IndustriesWe are a leading international company, active in the field of material handling, water treatment, reject/sludge handling and effluent treatment for the paper and other allied industries. With branches in Germany, US, China and Brazil, we plan, design, and sell equipment and complete WSR (water, sludge, reject) sub-systems for environmental interfaces/process steps in new production lines and for the upgrade of existing plants. Our North American branch located in Appleton, WI, is seeking an individual to fill the following position:
Project Sales Team Lead
Your future job with us:
The project sales department main responsibility is to manage communication and contact with customers interested in purchasing a machine or plant.
The department coordinates the contact with the help of other technical departments and colleagues with the goal of clearly recording the profile of requirements (query) and/or developing them with the customer in order to make it possible to create a technical solution proposal and a subsequent offer that meets the customer’s requirements.
One important element of a successful OTO (offer to order) or sales process are customer visits (sales meetings, process mapping, lab/pilot tests, laser scanning, etc.).
The project sales department should always participate in final sales and contract-awarding meetings or lead them in coordination with management in cases where individual sales, contractual and commercial framework conditions have been agreed upon in advance.
The standard tasks of this role include – but are not limited to:
- Lead project proposal from initial client input
- Contract negotiations
- Give technical presentations to customers
- Routinely communicate with global sales and technology teams
- Lead sales team, coach and develop team members
- Generate sales forecasts
- Generate sales forecast, set / review KPIs
Your qualifications + skills:
- Has worked in the paper industry or for a company servicing the paper industry
- Excellent sales track record
- 4 year degree in paper science, chemical engineering
- Experience in leading and motivating a sales team
- Excellent communication / presentation skills
- Excellent negotiator
- Ability to read and understand flow balances, 2D/3D drawings, technical specifications
- Understanding of pricing and contracts
- Understanding of commercial terms – performance warranties, terms and conditions, logistics, liquidated damages
- Eye for detail
- Great business acumen
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize multiple tasks
- Passionate to travel and network within the industry
Our offer to you:
We offer an excellent benefits package (health/dental insurance), modern workspace, latest computer software programs, all business procedures supported by integrated database system and promote team culture. We have engaged, supportive colleagues, and international teamwork with our other business units.
Office hours 7:30 am – 4:30 pm, Monday – Friday.
How to apply:
Please e-mail your resume + motivation letter + references (if available) to
Heidrun Lichter, HR Global, Bewerbung@meri.de
stating your salary requirements and earliest start-date.
Please note that we will collect applications for this position by January 10th and then proceed with our further selection. We will inform you about further proceedings as soon as possible.
For team lead positions the participation in a one-day-assessment center will be required.
No unsolicited agency and 3rd party referrals please.