Meri, a Voith Company – Environmental Solutions for the Paper, Food & Beverage and Recycling IndustriesWe are a leading international company, active in the field of material handling, water treatment, reject/sludge handling and effluent treatment for the paper and other allied industries. With branches in Germany, US, China and Brazil, we plan, design, and sell equipment and complete WSR (water, sludge, reject) sub-systems for environmental interfaces/process steps in new production lines and for the upgrade of existing plants. Our North American branch located in Appleton, WI, is seeking an individual to fill the following position:
Sourcing Team Lead
Your future job with us:
The sourcing department has the primary responsibility in organizing and coordinating all tasks as efficiently as possible with regard to procurement. It leads, coordinates, and documents the processes for manufacturing in coordination with Product Management and the Project Management responsible for the customer.
This includes the production, quality assurance, and documentation of products up to and including assembly at the customer’s premises, which takes place in coordination with the after market business & service department.
One goal of the Sourcing department is to ensure that all products are manufactured on schedule and as economically as possible while still being of sufficiently high quality.
This applies both for the production of components and assemblies and for the procurement of other components. Particular care should be taken here to ensure that Meri reliability and quality are a tangible, measurable quality for our customers at all times.
We strive to build stable long-term relationships with local and worldwide sourcing partners and suppliers in order to grow together in terms of technology, performance, efficiency and profitability.
The standard tasks of the sourcing department include – but are not limited to:
- Locate and validate for manufacturing partners
- Managing schedules between design, manufacturing and delivery
- Manage multiple workflows and workshop capacities
- Coordinate multiple suppliers
- Work and communicate with sales and engineering to generate machine costs
- Monitoring of quality and final machine checkout
- Travel up to travel up to 35%, incl. international workshop visits may be required
Your qualifications + skills:
- Must have 5-10 + years manufacturing experience preferably in the area of sheet metal, fabrication, tankbuilding etc. (experience in technical sourcing), and/or product design
- Experience in quality assurance and monitoring, production planning
- Experience in leading a team, ready to take on a leadership role
- Excellent knowledge of manufacturing processes in sheet metal and mechanical fabrication
- Experience in material logistics and workflow management
- Experience in schedule and time management
- Excellent Communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills/li>
- Business acumen: cost analysis and sourcing / business plans, understanding different aspects of manufacturing costs
- In depths knowledge and experience with 2D/3D Autodesk Inventor
- Eye for quality insurance and details
- Excellent skills in MS Office and Autodesk products
- Ability to travel.
Our offer to you:
We offer an excellent benefits package (health/dental insurance), modern workspace, latest computer software programs, all business procedures supported by integrated database system and promote team culture. We have engaged, supportive colleagues, and international teamwork with our other business units.
Office hours 7:30 am – 4:30 pm, Monday – Friday.
How to apply:
Please e-mail your resume + motivation letter + references (if available) to
Heidrun Lichter, HR Global, Bewerbung@meri.de
stating your salary requirements and earliest start-date.
Please note that we will collect applications for this position by January 10th and then proceed with our further selection. We will inform you about further proceedings as soon as possible.
For team lead positions the participation in a one-day-assessment center will be required.
No unsolicited agency and 3rd party referrals please.