Meri, a Voith Company – Environmental Solutions for the Paper, Food & Beverage and Recycling IndustriesWe are a leading international company, active in the field of material handling, water treatment, reject/sludge handling and effluent treatment for the paper and other allied industries. With branches in Germany, US, China and Brazil, we plan, design, and sell equipment and complete WSR (water, sludge, reject) sub-systems for environmental interfaces/process steps in new production lines and for the upgrade of existing plants. Our North American branch located in Appleton, WI, is seeking an individual to fill the following position:
Spare Parts Specialist
Your future job with us:
The P&S (products & services) department is responsible for the Meri “After Market Business” (AMB) and customer care. Customer care starts with ensuring our customer’s needs are met in a timely manner.
This includes answering customer calls requesting spare parts or assisting the customer on all types of problems with machines, whether mechanical, technological, or operational by forwarding queries internally, to ensure customers’ questions / problems are resolved.
The sale of spare and wearing parts to the customer with the objective of optimizing parts service or machines/plants. The “OTC” (order to completion) is the primary role of this position.
The standard tasks of the AMB & Service Department include – but are not limited to:
- Upon receipt of a customer purchase order, verify pricing, issue a quote for correct price or prepare and send an order confirmation.
- Determine whether the part(s) can come from inventory or if they will be sourced.
- The AMB sales person will supply the information if the part(s) will be sourced.
- Prepare internal technical documentation for the procurement of spare parts (design and production drawings, technical specifications for purchased parts).
- Ensure purchase orders are issued to suppliers in a timely manner.
- Monitor all sourced parts to ensure an on-time delivery.
- Work closely with the freight team to ensure they have all necessary information for shipping of the spare parts.
- Enter order information into “SPAPROC” database.
- Hand completed order over to accounting for invoicing.
- Log inquiries for spare parts; creating offers for spare/wearing parts.
- Assist with the forecasting and managing local inventory to ensure quick customer response times and enable bulk ordering cost savings for high turnover stock.
- Teamwork with Sourcing and Product Management for aligning manufacturing partners – maintaining the best quality and lowest cost-sourcing matrix.
- Receive calls from customers.
- Enter documentation for calls.
- Clarify who is responsible internally for handling the problem and contacting the customer.
- Communicate with customers to inform them that we are taking care of the problem, together with points of contact and a possible solution date.
- Associates degree or higher in related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in customer service
- Advanced organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects in parallel, coping with a fast paced environment
- Proficiency in all Microsoft office software products (word, excel, etc…)
- Professionally manage a wide variety of customer inquiries
- Ability to work as part of a team yet be self-directed
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills (friendly, courteous and helpful
Our offer to you:
We offer an excellent benefits package (health/dental insurance), modern workspace, latest computer software programs, all business procedures supported by integrated database system and promote team culture. We have engaged, supportive colleagues, and international teamwork with our other business units.
Office hours 7:30 am – 4:30 pm, Monday – Friday.
How to apply:
Please e-mail your resume + motivation letter + references (if available) to
Heidrun Lichter, HR Global, Bewerbung@meri.de
stating your salary requirements and earliest start-date.
Please note that we will collect applications for this position by January 10th and then proceed with our further selection. We will inform you about further proceedings as soon as possible.
No unsolicited agency and 3rd party referrals please.